Portland is Maine’s largest and most vibrant city. With a metro population just under 250,000, Portland balances everyday life on a human scale with the amenities, arts and attractions of a large city. Its education system is rated among the top 10 nationally, and its health care system is regarded as among the country’s most progressive. Increasingly, Portland enjoys high rankings as a community of national distinction.
- America’s “Most Livable City” Forbes , 2009
- “Best Places to Raise Your Kids” Business Week , 2009
- “Best Towns” Outside Magazine , 2010
- “Healthiest Cities for Women” Self Magazine , 2006
- Home to Commercial Street, ranked one of the “10 Great Streets in the U.S.” by the American Planning Association