SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an immediate opening for a full-time Architect/ Project Manager in our Portland, ME, Andover, MA, or Latham, NY location.
- Minimum of 10 years of architectural experience in technical design and detailing of complex construction projects, with a developed ability in coordinating design documents for construction.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- Strong business development and networking skills
- Architectural License in ME State required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture required.
- 5 – Year Professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture preferred.
- NCARB registration a plus
- LEED Professional a plus
Required Technical Knowledge
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
SMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.