SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an immediate full-time opening for an Architect with 7-10 or more years of design and technical experience in the life sciences market. This position offers opportunities for growth into management.
- Minimum of 7 years of architectural experience in technical design and detailing of life sciences or pharmaceutical construction projects, with a developed ability in coordinating design documents for construction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead junior production staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
- 5-Year Professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture preferred
- Architectural license preferred
- NCARB registration a plus
- LEED-Accredited Professional preferred
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
SMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.