SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an immediate opening for a full-time Plumbing / Fire Protection Engineer in our Portland, ME or Andover, MA office.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of mechanical design of plumbing and/or fire protection.
- Work with project engineer to develop schematic level information and document project work in accordance with office and industry standards.
- Experience in layout and sizing plumbing systems, medical gas and/or process piping.
- Experience in design, performing calculations, and specifying fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of national, state and local codes as they pertain to plumbing and/or fire protection.
- Take ownership of projects needs while serving a diverse client base with technically interesting project needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drafting principles and technology, and can participate effectively in the production of construction documents.
- Ability to relate to building construction, their components in three dimensions, and interact with other disciplines to coordinate all document efforts.
- Understand materials, systems and commercial building construction.
- Ability to lead the plumbing / fire protection aspects of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken in a fast paced team environment. Able to be an active team participant.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- FE or EIT certification preferred
- PE preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
Required Technical Knowledge
- Experience in Revit and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
SMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.