SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Electrical Engineer in our Latham, NY office.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in electrical design
- Assists in deciding the kind and extent of engineering and related programs needed for accomplishing the objectives of projects
- Responsible for development of project scope and electrical engineering design hours at the proposal stage.
- Ability to lead the electrical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- Strong business development and networking skills
- PE required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
Required Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of electrical design software such as Trane Trace
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
SMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.