SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an opening for a talented and driven Government Senior Project Architect in our Portland, ME, Andover, MA or Albany, NY office. 15+ years of project management, design and technical experience is required.
Experience in a private firm doing Federal Government project work required and SMRT’s core market sectors a plus. Our core market sectors are Government, Healthcare, Science/Technology, Justice, and Higher Education.
The ideal candidate will possess strong business development skills and government project management skills and will have extensive knowledge of the process to compete for and execute project work in the Federal Government sector as a private business.
Our Federal government work includes the active military branches as well as, USACE, Department of Homeland Security, GSA and the VA. Professional registration is required and NCARB preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years of architectural experience in technical design and detailing of commercial construction projects, ability to coordinate design documents for construction.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and responding to Government RFP/RFQ’s.
- Willingness to network, attend and present at local as well as national industry events
- Ability to travel nationally and possibly internationally.
- Proven project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work both independently as a team member
- Strong business development and networking skills (desired)
- Architectural license
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture 5-year Professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture preferred.
- NCARB registration a plus
- LEED Professional preferred
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
SMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.