Hebron Academy Athletic Facility
The 60,000 square-foot athletic facility houses an elevated running track and field house, squash courts, fitness center, team rooms and athletic offices among other amenities. The facility is a key component of the academy’s campus transformation and supports adjacent athletic fields and the academy’s nature trail network. A creative combination of pre-engineered structures and conventional construction dramatically contained building costs and minimizes long-term maintenance. In design elements elsewhere, math concepts such as PI appear celebrating Hebron’s academic tradition. The building’s main entrance is a contemporary architectural reflection of the historic Sturdivant Hall, designed by John Calvin Stevens in 1891.